What's more secure than the current Once Time Password (OTP) solutions to authenticate, for instance, on-line bank transactions? It's signed OTP (sOTP).
If you are wondering what a signed OTP is and how it differs from the current solutions, the answer is that the with a signed OTP:
- The user can use it only if the website he/she is connected to, is the original bank's website and not a clone.
- The generated password ensures the code can only come from the account owner.
- Last, but not least, it's an app the user can install on his/her mobile.
The main benefits are:
- No Man in the Middle (MitM) or Man in the Browser (MitB) frauds are possible anymore.
- Secure against the most advanced Malware (such as Slave).
- Cheaper to maintain: it's an app and not a device anymore.
- Lower costs for the banks for each user.
- It's always on your mobile following you wherever you go.
- It won't work on stolen or left unattended mobile phones.
- No external servers are required.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.