Totem is a multi-queues management system: it is currently in use in several Banks with different service areas and different counters for each area.
It consists of two parts:
- Totem itself is a kiosk located in the entrance of the Bank, where customers get a ticket after selecting the required service. Optionally, a mobile application can provide customers with an electronic ticket and waiting time information.
- The Display consists of one or more monitors in a waiting area, displaying ticket numbers and counters location. It is also used to display Bank information and passive advertising.
From the software standpoint, there are three parts:
- an application running on the Totem
- an application running on the teller's PC
- an application running for the Display.
TOTEM is highly configurable:
- Name and number of services.
- Tellers' Data (password, picture, ...) and their services.
- Services can be enabled or disabled at particular times of the day and/or in specific days of the week. Note that customers can select a particular service and/or a particular person to talk with.
- Print formatting of tickets.
- It is possible to set a priority queue for people in need of particular care.
- Keeping customers in a waiting area far from the counters or desks, leads to an increased privacy and a better service offered by the personnel.
- Waiting time is reduced to a minimum as the Totem automatically selects a queue on all the counters that provides the requested service.
- Customers can take a ticket to talk with a specific person rather than a selecting a service.
- Branch Managers can monitor in real time the workflow and eventually intervene accordingly (for instance activating more counters and reassigning different services to personnel)
- Displays in the waiting area are also an opportunity to continuously promote services, to remind deadlines and to convey important messages.
- Totem logs all its activity, allowing statistical information extraction to improve the quality of services.